Thursday, January 12, 2017

I Work As A Disney Princess

Life is so good!
We have so much work to do here in the Cooper Ward. They keep us mighty busy. This week sister Godfrey and I have been working hard to talk with everyone... including people at the gas station... so as we stopped to get gas this week I felt prompted to give a Book of Mormon to this lady selling tacos on the corner (that happens a-lot in Mesa). So as we got out I finished filling the tank and pressed the button to print out the receipt. The receipt didn't print out... which means only one thing, God wants us to share the gospel with someone in the gas station store. So we knew where God wanted us to be and quickly made our way into the quick mart. We got the receipt from the lady and by the end of the conversation she had a Book of Mormon and we had her address and number so she can receive the gospel. The lady selling tacos was gone when we came back but we also got to talk with another
man heading to the quick mart. It is just so fun to know that you are doing exactly what God wants you to do. Following the spirit is awesome!

I wanted to share some thoughts that came to my mind this week!

Princess Power 👑
So in Sacrament meeting a woman named Millie got up to share her testimony and it went a little like this... "so for my job I work as a Princess! I get all dressed up and go to parties to sing and act like princesses so that little girls can have their dreams come true. Obviously I am not a real princess and these kids don't know who I am... but when they see me with a wig and makeup and a big poofy dress they come running and hug me so tight and tell me that they have been waiting for me and want to be just like me. When I go to big events
there are many kids who are excited to see me but don't come over and talk to me. Some people make fun of me and think they are too old to be excited about princesses. But there are always those children who came here for the very purpose of meeting me and run as fast as they can to be with me... I wonder if this is what it will be like to see the Savior someday. Will I walk by him not recognizing His face? Will I know who He is but be too ashamed to greet Him? Or will I run past the crowds and jump into His arms and say "I have been waiting for you! I want to be just like you"? How well do we know and love the Savior?"

So I add my testimony to Millie's that this life is the time to prepare to meet God. When we live like the Savior we will know Him and become like Him so that that "when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that
we may be purified even as he is pure." (Moroni 7:48)



Your Homework Assignment is to read...
"O Remember Remember" by President Eyring (October 2007 General Conference)  As I read it this week I realized that remembering what God has done for us is a way to show our gratitude for all that He has done for us! Take the time to read his talk but most importantly take the time to remember God's love for you.

Have you seen the hand of God reaching out to bless you today?
Has God sent a message that was just for you?

With Love,
Sister Zimmerman





No comments:

Post a Comment