Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I'm Losing It... Just in time for Thanksgiving!

So this week I have been on a streak of losing things. It all began when I lost my Book of Mormon that I had been reading and marking...you know, the one I was reading all on gratitude. I'm sure that God just took it from my hands so one of his precious children could have it in their time of need... Because I still haven't found it... So it is really lost! I took that as a sign so I started a new one with a different topic which is LOVE. I didn't mind that I lost my Book of Mormon because I had only just started it... But then I lost something a little more valuable... My name tag!!!



We woke up early one morning to go and decorate a sisters apartment for her birthday and then exercised and did a few other things. After an hour or so in the morning, I found that my magnet tag was missing. We checked every place around the apartment and then retraced our steps and said a prayer. With no sign of where it was I put on another tag and we went about the rest of our day. Losing your tag can be a big deal because if other people get ahold of it they can use it for bad things to bring down the church! So, I went all day wondering where it was and then at the last minute of the night the elders came up and told me that a man on the street came up to them and said "could you give this to the sister?" It was one of our investigators who gave it to them and then they returned it to me. God clearly had a plan for my tag to return to me that night. I don't know exactly why that happened but I am perfectly happy with the reality that God knows all things!

On Wednesday this week we had the most perfect evening. The morning had been absolutely crazy and we had been double scheduled for dinner... But we decided to go to our friend Polly's Thanksgiving dinner. We walked into the assisted living home and wonderful CHRISTMAS music was playing. I loved it! We sat down and had the most lovely conversation with Polly, the little British woman, and ate beautifully odd Thanksgiving food! I loved it and it meant so much to me. I really can't even describe how I felt but it was just fantastic! I love holidays, especially Thanksgiving!

I get to be part of the Mesa, Arizona Temple Christmas lights. I am so excited to see them and talk to everyone here! We have shifts that switch off every other night in the early evening or the late evening. I bought some warm tights because I hear it gets pretty cold at night in the winter and we have been starting to really feel it. Anything below 70 is freezing now. Ha ha ha! 
P.S. The visitors center was redone and it is absolutely amazing! There is a picture of sister Child's and our investigator and I near the new Book of Mormon exhibit!



Here's a little thought for the week which I love:

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995.
Canadians:  Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.
Americans:  Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a      collision.
Canadians:  Negative.  You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans:  This is the Captain of a US Navy ship.  I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians:  No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans:  THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES’ ATLANTIC FLEET.  WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE  DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT  VESSELS.  I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15  DEGREES NORTH–I SAY AGAIN, THAT’S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH–OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.
Canadians:  This is a lighthouse.  Your call.
God's laws are the lighthouse and we are the ship. We should let God's commandments guide us and not expect them to change or move just because they are not what we want.

Love you all!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Sister Zimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment