Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Goodbyes and Gingerbread


It's the most wonderful time of the year, and I believe that wholeheartedly!

Merry Christmas everyone!




So as a Christmas present from President Jenkins I got transferred!!! Ha ha ha I am greenie-breaking Sister Wisanbannawit (sister WI) from Thailand, who is so sweet.  We will be serving in the Greenfield Ward.  This also means I get to drive 
and be the senior companion and I only have 1 ward which is entirely less confusing than 2 or 3 wards so that is a tender mercy. I don't know what any of that should be like, but it should be fun. I do have to leave my wards, and my companion, and my roommates, right before Christmas but it's all good! I'm actually really happy. I know God has a plan for me and I am excited to live it out!

I will miss my lovely companion Sister Child's! She has blessed my life more than I can say and she is more than a companion to me... She is my sister :)

Since I knew I was leaving I had the opportunity to say goodbye to all of the amazing members in Vista Peaks and Fairway Groves wards. There were some tears but I have learned so much in the 4 1/2 months. I have been keeping a journal of the names of all of the investigators and members that have taught me things about life and I have found that missionary work is so much more than teaching lessons. It is a chance for rapid personal growth, a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father, and it allows us to deepen out testimonies of the restored gospel. I love church members. They have changed my life more than they will ever know.

Here is something I love from the December Ensign called "Be at Peace":  "When I pray to Heavenly Father, instead of asking for things I think [I am] trying to grow in just being there. Like when you sit in front of a fire in winter, you are just there in front of the fire, and you don’t have to be smart or anything. The fire warms you.” I think that is a lovely metaphor--just sit with the Lord and let Him warm you like a fire in winter. You don’t have to be perfect or the greatest person who ever graced the earth or the best of anything to be with Him.


I hope you will take time this Christmas season to sit for a few quiet moments and let the Savior’s Spirit warm you and reassure you of the worthiness of your service, of your offering, of your life. Sit quietly with that little baby and come away spiritually strengthened and better prepared for all that is going to come later. Let that moment be one of rest and refreshing and reassurance and renewal."








MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy gingerbread making!

Sister Zimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment