Saturday, February 27, 2016

Gettin' Hitched and Planting Cacti

We'll simplify this week and keep you updated on some miraculous tender mercies. I don't really write about the daily miracles I experience in mission field. They are all recorded in my journal and in my memory so when I get back you'll just have to ask me and I can
go on for days about how God puts us in the right place at the right time to facilitate daily miracles!

JULIE: Our lovely friend Julie will be baptized this weekend! Her testimony is so strong and I am so excited for her. Sister Wi and I were her first missionaries. We invited her to be baptized on the first lesson and she said yes! She is our miracle and it had been a blessing to teach her. Her faith is so strong considering all of the challenges she has gone through since we started meeting with her. Below there is a picture of all of us at the Visitor's Center his week. (Julie has the short orange hair)






CACTUS GUY: We got back from a mission meeting and felt prompted to leave 10 minutes early to go to dinner. On the way I thought "why did we leave early? We're going to be way early for dinner and waste time." But when we pulled up I noticed this guy by our car trying to hold up this cactus and plant it at the same time. It looked mighty dangerous so we ran over to help him. We helped him plant it and then asked him if he knew much about missionaries. He said he didn't but knew many church members and would love to meet with us again and learn about he gospel. He's really solid and it was a miracle because
we really needed to find new investigators. Even the desert is good for providing opportunities to serve.


LIL' KIDOS: One of the pictures below is of our friend who is the cutest little 4 year old you ever did see (except for all of my siblings when they were 4 because they were pretty darn cute too). We teach family home evenings at their house each week and it was a tender mercy this last week to teach him about how God hears his prayers. We have him a slinky and made it an object lesson. His mother passed away a few months ago so we have been the motherly influences in his life. He just laughs and plays and I have learned from him to
always laugh and have fun despite the winds and the waves of life.





MISSION WEDDING: In the new area that we got, the Kensington Ward, there is an investigator who will be baptized.  She is so beautiful and was married so that she could be baptized. It was so cool. I have to admit even though I am a missionary I still really love a good wedding! It was so cute and we taught her 2 bridesmaids during the reception and invited them to the baptism. Yay!






SAYING GOODBYE: This week I had to say goodbye to one of the members in our Ward who is moving to Las Vegas. It has been such a blessing to know her. Her husband is less active and she has been through so much in her lifetime. Seriously, her story is intense and I am amazed that her testimony is so strong. We taught her lessons and were preparing her to go to the temple. After the first lesson we taught her she showed up at church the next day and had taken her nose and lip piercings out and said "sisters I was so worried about how I would look if I took these out, but I'm not worried any more. It feels so good" so...the night before she left we sat on her couch and her husband was drunk so she sent him out of the house and we just talked. She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "Sister Zimmerman, I feel like we have a special connection. I haven't gotten emotional about anything having to do with this move until now. I am going to miss you so much! You are so accepting and non-judgmental and have been so sweet to me and my family. I am going to miss you so much!" We both cried! I love her and will always remember her kindness to me and how we both learned so much about the gospel.




And that's all for now!

Joel 2:12-13

12- Therefore also now, saith the Lord , turn ye even to me with all your heart , and with fasting , and with weeping, and with mourning: 
13- And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness , and repenteth him of the evil. 
Sister Zimmerman


No comments:

Post a Comment