Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I am not who I once was...

Transfer News... drum roll please...

I had to say goodbye to my sweet Sister Duiai who was transferred to Apache Junction
And I stayed in the area and was joined by the ever so lovely sister Csolity
(pronounced CHO-LEECH) from Debrecen, Hungary

My new companion and I got to see sweet Polly Turner.  I taught her in my last area.  She is a gem!

We are excited to take on the area together!

Not very much time to write so I will keep it brief today with a spiritual thought which comes in the form of a mess of run-on sentences from my letter to President Jenkins today... But it
accurately expresses how I feel!

"I honestly can say that my mission is the best thing I have ever done in my life! I can't even imagine not having chosen to serve the Lord... I wonder if I would even have a testimony! I feel so much more converted and changed and knowledgeable and my perspective has widened and I know how to combat Satan and I know the Book of Mormon well and I know God lives and loves me and I know His plan for me and I am just more of who I have always wanted to be and I am happy and I love my life and I know how to handle trials better and so much more... 
And to believe I still have 8 more months of growing and trials and learning left. Just when I think I couldn't be any more blessed by my Heavenly Father I am showered with love and comfort and knowledge and peace. I am so indebted to God for all that I have and am. Wow! I am not who I once was and for that I am so grateful!"

Hopefully that makes sense...
Finally here's a funny joke my dad sent me today! I LOVE to laugh... So ENJOY!

-- The home teachers were making their first visit to an old couple in the ward. They were impressed by the way the old man preceded every request to his wife with endearing terms such as: Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc. The couple had been married almost 60 years and clearly, they were still very much in love.

While the wife was in the kitchen, one of the home teachers leaned over and said to the brother, "I think it's wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your wife those loving pet names."

The old man hung his head. "I have to tell you the truth," he said, "Her name slipped my mind about 10 years ago and I'm scared to death to ask her what it is!" ---
- Sister Z


Toro Zone T-shirts!


HOOOOOOT Cars!  Welcome to Arizona


No comments:

Post a Comment