Tuesday, August 9, 2016

July 25th- Our broken branches show the scars of all that we've become

This week I learned about trials and change!



Thiis life is all about change. I know that God created me as His child who has infinite potential. Only with His help, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, have I become who I am today... And still He sees in me a Sister Zimmerman who is so much better than I currently am. And that is BEAUTIFUL! This is true for all of us! We can change. We can give up old habits, start new ones, change our nature, love the unlovable, forgive ourselves and
be washed clean. We can truly find a new life because our perfect brother, Jesus Christ, loves us more than anyone else ever could. So you keep trying and don't give up when things get hard... Because it is those very difficulties, which we finally overcome that will
prove is worthy to live with God in His Heavenly Home. I believe in change!

A short message for today... Here are some of my favorite poems about how trials make us stronger. ENJOY! P.s. They are much more enjoyable when read out loud ;)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The tree that never had to fight
For sun and sky and air and light,
That always stood out in the plain
And always got its share of rain
Never became a forest King
But lived and died a scrubby thing.

The man who never had to toll,
By hand and mind mid life's turmoll
Who never had to win his share,
Of sun and sky and light and air,
Never became a manly man,
But lived and died as he began.

Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger the wind, the tougher the trees,
The farther sky, the greater length,
The more the storm, the more the strength
By sun and cold, by rain and snow
In tree or man good timber grows

Where thickest stands the forest grown
We find patriarchs of both,
And they hold converse with the stars
Whose broken branches show the scars,
Of many winds and much of strife
This is the common law of life.
- author unknown

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"HILLS"
Throughout my day, let there be hills to climb.
There is scant zest in mastering the plains.
For loitering, for rest, there will be time when daylight wanes.
Let my horizon ever be a hill which I must reach although the trail be steep;
up, up to climb with energy and will before I sleep.

For, when I reach the summit of the hill,
I'll find my dreams guarding the topmost peak.
The sun will set; the air be calm and still and God will speak.
Not in a valley let me end my day, I would have heights to gain a clearer view.
Therefore for hills and strength to climb, I pray, dear God, to you.
- Wilhelmina Stitch

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



Love,
The soon to be 20....Sister Zimmerman!

No comments:

Post a Comment