Friday, August 5, 2016

....and He Knows Where to Find You!

Good Afternoon all!



Okay...I just have to say that I love being a missionary so much and I'll tell you why...
There is nothing more rewarding than being a called and set apart disciple of Jesus Christ and seeing people lives change because of the mercy of the Savior and His Atonement. Seriously. There is nothing more exciting, fulfilling, and rewarding that I could be doing in my life right now. NOTHING! I love the Lord! He has blessed me so much by giving me this opportunity to serve and so I want to let you all know how grateful I am to serve and that it is an honor to give my life to Him.

This week as I partook of the sacrament the spirit brought 2 amazing missionary scriptures to my mind...
1.) 2 Nephi 2:8 "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise."
-- it is SO important to share the gospel with others so that they might have the chance to repent and live with God again.
2.) Alma 28:14 "And thus we see the great call of diligence of men to labor in the vineyards of the Lord; and thus we see the great reason of sorrow, and also of rejoicing--sorrow because of death and destruction among men, and joy because of the light of Christ unto life."
-- there is a great call of diligence to labor in the vineyard. I am studying the Christlike attribute of diligence his week and learned that diligence is a steady, earnest, consistent, energetic effort in accomplishing the Lord's work. WOW! It is so vital to be diligent in doing the Lords work.

Mosiah 28:3-4
3 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.
4 And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them, for they were the very vilest of sinners. And the Lord saw fit in his infinite mercy to spare them...

--I feel like Alma and the sons of Mosiah who were truly the vilest of sinners. I feel like God has snatched me from a worldly and sinful life and given me the chance to change. As I have learned and grown spiritually on my mission I have realized that I really don't do much in this work. Don't get me wrong, we work work work, and pray until our knees are sore and sweat like teenage boys ... But the spirit has the converting power and I am just the messenger. That's why I feel so privileged to do this work... Because the Lord put a lot of trust in me when He sent me to the people of AZ. He could have chosen a different messenger but He chose me. As I am obedient to God's commandments and the mission rules He can use me as a tool to find those of His children who are lost and rescue them. 

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Also this week we had the opportunity to hear a missionary homecoming talk. We get to hear a lot of those here in Mesa due to the heavy population of members. Each talk is different and each missionary is different... But this one was amazing because you could tell that this elder had been changed by his mission. I want to be truly changed by my mission. I want to love my mission so much and never want to leave it. Following the missionary homecoming talk a high council speaker gave a short talk that was equally as amazing. Here are some highlights from it:

Some of you may have bought at some point in their life "I love Jesus but after what I've done I don't think Jesus can love me" We may feel that somehow our actions have disqualified us from the love of the Savior. But that is not true! Sometimes we stray far and to scary places. We don't know where we are and how to get back. We may find ourselves in places that are difficult to find our way out of. But just like the parable of the lost sheep the shepherd leaves the flock and comes after the one. He comes after you and He knows where to find you. He is able to find us and come to us.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

And finally... Some miracles
- Our friend Brittany is preparing to be baptized on Aug. 6th and had a wonderful lesson this week about repentance. Her heart is softening and her parents are opening up to the idea of her being baptized. We'll keep praying for and her family... But we know that all will be well!
- This week we met with an Investigator who will also be baptized on Aug. 6th. We have only been teaching her for 2 weeks. She was a referral that we invited to be baptized on the first lesson and she said "YES"... so that was amazing! During the last lesson this past week we set a date for her and taught the lesson we had planned to teach we asked her if she had any questions as she prepares to be baptized. She said "no... We actually I do, you have mentioned these "commandments" and I know the 10 commandments but what other commandments do I need to keep...if you'll tell me what they are I'll keep them" ... We were just speechless! We explained the word of wisdom and the law of chastity and such and without us explaining them or telling her the blessings she would get from them she committed to keep them. She said "after I am baptized and receive the Holy Ghost... If that feels anything like the spirit I have felt before in my life... I'll do anything to get it"... So basically Linda is a gift from God as all of our investigators are! Wow! I am learning much from her!
- I probably should have mentioned this earlier but we got TRANSFER NEWS!!! This week and I am staying in my area for another transfer with the ever so lovely sister Csolity...so that'll be 9 months in this area = 1/2 of my MISSION!!! Crazy huah? I love this area so I am oh so happy! #GROVES AND KENSINGTON WARDS FOREVER
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
**I know my mom's side of the family is all together this week so I just wanted to send a shoutout and tell you all how much I love you and miss you! It's hard to have to sacrifice such a terrific family for 18 months but I'll see you soon! Enjoy this time together! Don't waste a minute of it and know that it is such a blessing to be able to be together! Grandma and Grandpa do so much to ensure that we all stay connected! Show them your love and gratitude this week!
**Also for the Zimmerman side I must thank you oh so much for the support and love you have shown me constantly out here in AZ! I know that I am never alone and so appreciate the packages and letters that seem to come just when I need them (Grandma and Grandpa Z)! I will see you all soon... Maybe even sooner than you think ;) Love you!
** so Mindy and Taylor and my family may be the only ones who read this far in my email so I'll leave a little shoutout for you both! Love you! Thanks for everything!
#glutenlips #ihitmynosewithawrench #notthesamewithoutyou

Love you!
- Sister Z
P.s.
Some ZTM pics, crazy AZ clouds and a message to lift us up a bit!



No comments:

Post a Comment