Sunday, October 2, 2016

Maybe that "Soul" is Mine!- September 19th


What a week!
It's been a good one for sure... and as always it's been the best time of my life.

Zone conferences were way fun this week!
We had the opportunity to hear from President Cooley, the 2nd counselor in the Arizona Mesa Mission presidency. The thoughts that he offered were perfect! Firstly he shared this familiar scripture in D&C 18: 10-16 (please read it again even if you've read it before) which reads:

"10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;

11 For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.

12 And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.

13 And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!

14 Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soulunto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"

After President Colley read that scripture he said "perhaps many of you are thinking, maybe that one soul is mine?"
It is interesting that when we share the gospel we help others become converted and also become more converted ourselves. It's a MIRACLE!!!

When I think of Christ's suffering I think of how He suffered there for ME... very individually and personally He suffered for every one of us and all that we would ever experience. I wasn't there but I know that one of those souls He suffered for was mine because I can feel completely forgiven as I repent. The Atonement is something so special for me to talk about because it is something I know the least about but have the most personal experience with. It's pretty amazing!

Also we had a MARVELOUS (if I wasn't a missionary I would have said WICKED or RAD... because it was that awesome) exchange with our STL sister Rosché. She is so bold and loving and practically perfect in every way! I love her! She is a great example and close friend to me! I'll attach one below!

We also went to Krazy Air today with some sisters for fun! It's a trampoline place! Wahoo!

Stay cool!
Sister Zimmerman


No comments:

Post a Comment