Monday, April 11, 2016

Life's too short... So hug your Mother!

Hello!


A thought I learned from church yesterday: Never miss an opportunity to hug your mother. Someone got up to bear their testimony and gave a longer talk about their life experiences but closed with this charge... Never miss an opportunity to hug your Mother... So I will never miss an opportunity to hug my Mom in the future! I love my Mother What good advice!

A hymn that has been on my mind this week is :
"Have I done any good in the world today?"

There are chances for work all around just now, Opportunities right in our way. 
Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,” But go and do something today.
Only he who does something helps others to live. To God each good work will be known. 
Then wake up and do something more Than dream of your mansion above. 
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, A blessing of duty and love.

What do these lyrics mean to you?
How can you help others today?

Mosiah 7:18-19
18) Notwithstanding my many strugglings, yet I trust there remaineth an effectual struggle to be made."...in sister Zimmerman's mission... Or in your life!...
19) Therefore, life up your heads, and rejoice and put your trust in God
33) But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

Some more Mosiah goodies: ---Mosiah 8:18---Mosiah 11:25---Mosiah 12:27---

This week I went on exchanges into a Spanish speaking area. My Spanish is very poor but I learned so ,cub and got to bear my testimony to so many people. We talked to a man named Mervin and he is Catholic. We taught him the first lesson and I was amazed at his faith in God despite everything he has been through. That is something I really admire about Spanish Catholicism... They LOVE and respect God so much! When the missionaries come around everyone who is shirtless wears a shirt out of respect for people sharing the word of God. Really, they always know that God lives and have so much faith that He is active in their lives even when they have hard times. I want to be that way!

Some D&C FUN: ---LOOK IT UP---> D&C 98: 1-3, 10-12 <--- YOU'LL LOVE IT---
I love the Watchmen analogy in { D&C 101: 45-54 }
Here's the challenge after you've read the analogy [ D&C 101: 59-62 ]

Have a lovely week,
Sister Z




No comments:

Post a Comment