Monday, June 27, 2016

They Will Know Us By Our LOVE!



This week:  I have been out 11 months!!!  Boy does time fly!

1. Gleicy's baptism was perfect! We had so many Ward members there and the talks were in Portuguese and English. Wow! Definitely a baptism never to be forgotten!

2. I saw sister Barbier's mom in Walmart today! She was so sweet and it was certainly a tender mercy to meet her! God knows just what we need!
3. I feel like this place is really my home. I know everyone in my wards by name. I know every less active. I love every one of them and I am so glad to be able to have met and served with them for so long. I probably only have a few more weeks in Kensington and Groves before I am transferred on to greener pastures! God knows me and knew that I
needed everything this area has taught me. The good, the bad, and the miracles!

As for spiritual nourishment here are some "Juicy Tidbits" from my thoughts this week!

--They will know us by our LOVE--



In Relief Society his week Sister Larsen taught about women and mothers. From a talk by Elder Nelson she stated...
We need women who are organized and women who can organize
We need women with executive ability who can plan and direct and administer
Women who can teach
Women who can speak out
We need women with the gift of discernment
We need women who know how to make important things happen by their faith
We need women who are courageous defenders of morality and families
We need women who are devoted to shepherding God’s children
Women who know how to receive personal revelation
Women who know how to call upon the powers of heaven to protect families
Women who teach fearlessly

Those things are exactly what my own mother has taught me. I have only learned those skills and doctrines in greater measure on my mission... But the foundation for these abilities I have gained came from my mother who is a strong defender for what's right and is not afraid of Satan. I am so grateful for my mother's example and the opportunity serving a mission has given me to put these skills into practice and become a woman of God!

To conclude her talk she played a song which ended each verse by saying... "and they will know us by our love"
I felt like that is how people can tell that I am a disciple of Christ...when the name tag comes off for good I want people to still look at me the same way and know, through the love I show them, that I will always be a disciple of Jesus Christ!
They will know me by my love.


   

Whatever Jesus lays his hands Upon... Lives

Throughout the Bible we learn about the Saviors miracles! He healed and blessed the people who came unto Him with humility and faith. Everything He lays His hands upon and every person who merely touches his clothes is perfectly healed. I know that as we come unto the Savior He will heal us! He will make us perfectly whole.

Matthew 14:36
"And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole."

Faith does more with less 

When we have faith we don't need more, we are happy that we may not know all for now and we act as if we have a perfect knowledge. We don't doubt or falter and because of our faith miracles happen! The greatest faith comes from those with the least amount of hard evidence. Faith really does more with less.
3 Nephi 19:35
"And it came to pass that when Jesus had made an end of praying he came again to the disciples, and said unto them: So great faith have I never seen among all the Jews; wherefore I could not show unto them so great miracles, because of their unbelief."

In this scripture Jesus praises the Nephites for having so much faith in Him before they had ever seen Him. The Nephites really did have so much faith In contrast to the Jews who walked and talked and saw miracles performed by Jesus and did not believe Him.

There may be blessings you are hoping for and haven't seen in your life. Choose to have faith that God knows best! Choose to do more with your faith. How can you do more with your faith this week?

BURDENS

Do you ever feel like you have a 50 pounds of potatoes or a 5 pound bag you are carrying? Well I do sometimes! Good thing the Savior knows how to lift potatoes, and stressful deadlines, and family problems, and self doubt, and every other heavy burden you may find yourself carrying these days! He will help you! All we need to do is come!

Matthew 11: 28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Well that's what I got for this week!
God bless!
Sister Zimmerman

Pictures:


- my sweet companion and I



- sister Hernandez and I on exchanges...we found this "BE BOLD" paper
on the ground #miracles


- my MTC companion, sister Hirschi, and I reunited at a singing practice!


- Gleicy's wonderful baptism


- OH sister Duiai...Tamahina Dadaulia = crazy girl (in Kapingese)



No comments:

Post a Comment