Monday, September 5, 2016

Peace Bound My Broken Heart! 8-29-2016

I'm sending my weekly email to a few more people than usual so email me back if there are any problems or anything!
I'll send his one this week but for future reference you can look at my blog to follow my mission updates. My mom does such a great job at putting it together:


I'm pretty sure that's what it is so give it a try and I'll find out for sure next week!
_________________________________________________________________________

Transfer News:

So, yes indeed I have been transferred!
After the best 9 months of my life I am going to be serving in the Three Fountains and the Fairfield wards on the Mesa North Stake. I will be serving with sister Colbert from Sugarland, Texas. YEE HAW!

It's only a few miles away from this area but I am excited to serve where the Lord needs me. Goodbyes aren't too hard for me here because this area is my home and I know I will be back here soon! I love these people so much!

I feel so blessed and honored to have served God's children in this area. Who would have thought that God would have sent me to such an amazing area to be taught and stretched and spiritually fed by the greatest saints the church has even known! I am absolutely certain that God sent me to Mesa, AZ to serve in the Groves and Kensington wards. I feel like I have made so many personal changes and connections here and am glad to call this area my HOME. God is so good to bless us with exactly what we need. I feel like Nephi in 2 Nephi 4 when he feels so unworthy of all of God's blessings. God is so willing to bless us even though we still make mistakes in trying our best.

Anyways, I'm looking back on the best part of my life to this point, feeling so much gratitude... And looking forward to more miracles and hard work ahead!
!!!HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!
_________________________________________________________________________

"A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief"

I was thinking about this song this week and reflected on how in one of the verses this man stops to help another who is wounded. He himself had a wound that was hurting and in the song he says:
"I had myself a wound concealed,
But from that hour forgot the smart,
And peace bound up my broken heart."
I know that as we serve others selflessly, as the Savior would, we will find our problems minimized, our joy increased, and even our wounds healed. Every hard day of trials or unsuccessful day of missionary work is quickly remedied by serving someone who has trials far beyond my own. If you are struggling with a problem try to serve others. As you do you may just find the answers and peace you are seeking!
_________________________________________________________________________

MATTHEW 11:28-30

I made a goal to start reading the New Testament, mainly the 4 gospels, in depth to greater understand and appreciate the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the matchless life he led. I am almost finished memorizing the Living Christ and I feel so much love for the Savior in reciting those inspired words.

In Matthew 11:28-30 we learn about the burden of discipleship. When we come into Christ He asks us to take upon us his yoke and His burden... But this is a different kind of burden that other things that burden us in this life. The effects are actually opposite of all worldly burdens. Instead of weighing you down Christ's burden is light and lifts us higher. His yoke is easy and guides us down the path of true joy and greatest blessings.  I need those kind of blessings every day in my life.

"28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
_________________________________________________________________________

Have a service filled, light burdened, marvelous week!
Sister Zimmerman

Pictures:


-The roommates (saying goodbye to sister Judy... She finished her mission today and arrives home tomorrow)



-Saying goodbye to the sweet Kiene family (Kensington Ward Mission Leader)


-Saying goodbye to the dear Smith family (Groves Ward Mission Leader)


-last Comp photo :( I'm gonna miss sister Csolity


-pictures of us at the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment